Friday, August 28, 2009

A quick look into my past

There was really nothing very strange in my youth days. In fact, I only noticed that my life is different when I found out, after many years, that almost every endeavor I put my hands on will turn to dust -- I don't have control on the major events of my life, and it is so frustrating. Other people will say "I would like to become a doctor," and they achieved it, but me, it's not like that.
Because I couldn't get what I wanted I was downhearted, and time came that I never knew what to do with my life anymore.
Though not on my own volition at first, I was hurled to live on the streets of Manila, philippines as a tramp and scavenger --foraging garbage cans and dump sites for food. It was not an easy life; it was a dangerous adventure. My initial reaction was "I wanted to die." Then many years had gone by, I was able to enroll in a university while I was living on the streets. Though, I never knew that it would be a tough life that I had to endure, because I developed a hatred with people who have money and I have nothing. And, moreover, I felt I was in the wrong place. Then, I could have finished my studies if I had not done the worsest thing to do in life just because of not passing an acceleration examination.
I stopped my studies and got help from a government institution, DSWD (Departmetn of Social Welfare and Developement) before I was finally transferred to an orphanage, Virlanie Foundation Inc. Under the roof of the orphanage, there was food and shelter. In this new environment there seemed to be light overhead lighting the way-- I saw opportunities around me to move on. But, strangely, it didn't make me happy. Clearly, I was still clinging on my broken past.
Had I not discovered the method I am using today, I could never have broken free from the chains of the past. It took me very long time to experience freedom from my sad experiences of constant failures. With this kind of freedom, now I see and feel things in a wonderful way; and in a way, I have not experienced before. No need to say, positive behavior really matters. And, knowing where to find it -- is a must.


Related Topic: My short bio




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...