Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The most exciting way of painting

By chance, while flipping a book once, I encountered the famous speech of Marthin Luther King, Jr., entitled, "I have a dream." It was my first time to read it; though I knew already the title being mentioned in several books.

Few minutes after I arrived home, I took my old laptop computer to paint something using an obsolete version of Microsoft Paint. And because I found out that there's so much thrill having to create an image after some vague impressions I saw on the canvas, so I would usually apply some random strokes of brush or whaever tools that I happened to choose here and there on the canvas following my intuition until a form will appear that would serve as my model to follow.

Like for example the painting on the left; at first, this was just a meaningless jumble of lines and shapes. In this point, it means I still have no idea, even a bit, on the possible outcome of my work. Then, it just happened, few minutes later I accidentally drew a flying creature, in white color, which I can recognize as a bird. Right then, I got an inspiration: Universally, a white bird symbolises peace; and if I have to draw a map-like background then I can mean the world. So I ended up calling my painting "Peace Around the World."

There might be something about this method of painting; so far, I have not done a single painting wherein I can't arrive a meaningful and an identifiable image rather than an abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...